Monday, December 10, 2012

Keyboard Conundrum

I was able to successfully install Xubuntu/Sugar on an administrative laptop for the school in Senegal; however, I installed in French. Although installing in French is not a problem, I neglected to account for the fact that the keyboard maps for English and French are DIFFERENT. As such, there was no solution to the issue other than to re-install the operating system and make sure I select  US keyboard map.

In addition, the images for the OLPC's we were instructed to update are taking far longer than expected to download so that we may use them to update with. As a result, I have not been able to begin updating the OLPC's but hope to be able to do so in the next couple of days.

We  were also assigned another project:

We were asked to burn approximately 20 copies of a kase boot disk. Why, you may ask? I do not know. A kase boot disk is the imaging disk that is used for Dell.

1 comment:

  1. hi there , i work with a company , laptopsmumbai and we basically deal with the repairing and dealing in preowned laptops ... i liked your post regarding this xubuntu , i must say its an amazing software ..
    do visit my blog
    http://laptopsmumbai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete