Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sugar

Today, I continued re-installing xubuntu on the administrator computer for the school in Senegal. I finally found where it is that it asks for the keyboard layout and have selected the correct keyboard map: English (USA). Unforunately, this laptop can't possibly be any slower and it is taking up a considerable amount of time. Once I am sure that it is installing correctly, I will begin updating the OLPC's with their latest images of Sugar. The images finally downloaded onto the USB stick!

At this point in time I am not entirely sure how to update the OS on an OLPC. I have only established that it must be done via USB because the traditional commands are not working in the terminal.

I moved to begin updating the OS on the OLPCs only to discover the update images had in fact not downloaded correctly. I then began to research how to update it wirelessly once again. I discovered a way of opening not Terminal Activity, but a console. This is done by pressing ctrl, alt, and F2 simultaneously; however, these keyboards do not include an F2 key. So instead you press the home network key (the key that is a black circle with three smaller white circles inside it). This key functions as the F2 key and allows you to open the console.

1 comment:

  1. hi please post me a link to download sugar .. my id is fatema.m@laptopsmumbai.com

    ReplyDelete