Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Still Updating

Currently, I am still in the process of updates. The Toshiba laptop finished installing overnight and is now ready to go with the correct keyboard mapping.

Because the USB update images were not downloading correctly, I opted to update online using the tool that I discovered yesterday; however, I had forgotten to account for the fact that the internet in this lab is connected to an experimental server and gets turned off at the end of every day. As a result, the update on the XO 1.5 machine did not finish overnight as had been originally expected.

In addition, I began updating the images on the two XO-1 OLPC's and discovered an issue: I do not have administrative access and therefore the console will not update until I have entered correct login information. This is an issue because the OLPC's do not have the option to launch in recovery mode like regular computers running a form of Linux do.I have researched the issue; however the solutions I have found require that the terminal be running and then typing additional commands to bypass restrictions to non-admins. Unfortunately, in this situation it will not even allow me to launch the terminal without verifying administrator access. Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment