Wednesday, January 9, 2013

OLPC Update Cont'd

Rather than begin with installing the missing drivers on the HILT Laptops, I began by updating the OLPCs. I went with the install option from a USB drive rather than an online update. I found that the firmware on both OLPCs was out of date causing an issue with updating the Sugar image (it will not install). To fix this issue, I needed to update it using a USB drive; however, I found that these particular OLPCs were secured. What secured basically means is that the operating system includes a developer key. As I do not have the developer key, I needed to find an option to update without it. This required holding down the '✓' (check) game pad key until prompted to release it. At this point, the OLPC begins to update the firmware.


After updating the firmware, I attempted to update the Sugar image. Once again, it showed me a "boot failed" error message. I traced my steps once again and discovered I have the sugar image developed for the XO 1.5 rather than the image for XO 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment