Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Beginnings of How the Internet Works

So I began the learning process first my replicating the demonstration in the presentation. The idea is to visualize and understand how one machine connects to another. I chose to see the connection between the machine here at the career center and python.org. I began by installing Scapy, and Graph Visualization Tools. I opened Scapy and use the traceroute command to see a list of all the IPs that my machine connects to in order to connect to python.org. I then used a command that would create an visual graph of all the hops the request took to reach python.org

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I don't know why I didn't think about the network lab when we were first discussing this. That's what we created it for! (Duh)

    The four of you can configure those machines as you see fit. If you break them, it is only you all who will suffer, and fixing them will be part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete